The Big Art

One of my favorite quotes with two of my newest paintings.

Week 11 – A Year of Flowers 2015 – “Modern Trees”

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 11 at Emily Lupita Studio I feel like this is a good time to take a look at where I’ve traveled so far this year with my A Year of Flowers art project. These are the first 10 paintings I’ve made during the first 10 weeks of 2015. My Week 11…

Week 10 – A Year of Flowers 2015 – “Aqua Vase Flowers”

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 10 at Emily Lupita Studio Week 10 of my A Year of Flowers art project. I’m 10 weeks into my yearly project and am celebrating with this giant bouquet of flowers! The opera & turquoise really shine with their happy, bright contrast. I used Sakura ink & antique Irodori Japanese…

Week 8 – A Year of Flowers 2015 – “Coral Vase Flowers”

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 8 at Emily Lupita Studio Week 8 of my A Year of Flowers art project. I’m having so much fun painting flowers in vases. This is my second one and I’m really enjoying the color combinations – how the colors play between the flowers and the vase. I used…

Week 7 – A Year of Flowers 2015 – “Blue Vase Flowers”

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 7 at Emily Lupita Studio Week 7 of my A Year of Flowers art project. This week’s painting is my first one of flowers in a vase. I loved having two areas to design – the flowers and the vase. I used Sakura ink & antique Irodori Japanese watercolors…

Week 6 – A Year of Flowers 2015 – “Rainbow Spring”

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 6 at Emily Lupita Studio Week 6 of my A Year of Flowers art project. This week’s painting turned out to be one of my favorites! I love the stripes and the way the flowers look like they’re dancing. I used Sakura ink & antique Irodori Japanese watercolors to paint…

Week 5 – A Year of Flowers 2015 – “Rainbow Blossoms”

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 5 at Emily Lupita Studio Week 5 of my A Year of Flowers art project. This week’s painting is really full and bursting with color. I used Sakura ink & antique Irodori Japanese watercolors to paint the these bright flowers (above), then added a  background of handmade Japanese paper (below) to…

Week 4 – A Year of Flowers 2015

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 4 at Emily Lupita Studio Week 4 of my A Year of Flowers art project. This week’s painting is calm and soothing with lots of greens and purple. I used Sakura ink & antique Irodori Japanese watercolors to paint the calla lilies (above), then added a  background of handmade Japanese paper…

Two Birds – Week 3 – A Year of Flowers

A Year of Flowers 2015 – Week 3 at Emily Lupita Studio It’s Week 3 of my A Year of Flowers art project. This week I painted two birds sitting on a lovely tree branch in Spring. I used Sakura ink & antique Irodori Japanese watercolors to paint the flowering tree and birds (above), then added a  background…

Tulips – Week 2 – A Year of Flowers

Tulips – Week 2 – A Year of Flowers at Emily Lupita Studio Week 2 of my A Year of Flowers art project. Tulips in a rainbow of colors. I used ink & antique Irodori Japanese watercolors to paint the tulips (above), then added a  background of handmade Japanese paper (below) to create a wild tulip garden…

New Design: Butterfly #1

“Butterfly #1” ink drawing and color illustration by Emily Lupita. Sending happiness, -Emily Lupita   Website & Blog:  http://www.EmilyLupitaStudio.com   “All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. The big art is our life.” – M.C. Richards   All content © Emily Lupita Studio 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Happy New Year from Emily Lupita Studio! Sending out wishes for a happy and prosperous new year! I love writing New Year resolutions & this year I decided to create a fun poster to display some of them here in my studio. Sharing here the steps to make one of your own…I’d love to see…

Final Days of my Kickstarter Project

This Week at Emily Lupita Studio The final few days of my Kickstarter project are here! (The project ends on October 31st.)  I’m truly grateful to the 55 amazing people who’ve backed my project so far. I now have 93% of the total pledges needed to fund The Artist’s Alphabet book. Almost there… This has been one…